I love talking about getting into the mud of life.
I wrote Into the Mud to get people thinking more deeply about the diversity of people, challenges, and beauty around the world, and how to respond to these as God does. And my husband and I wrote This Ordinary Adventure out of our own wrestling with how to live intentionally right here in ordinary lives in the U.S.A. We believe people need to talk about these questions together. We’d love to join you for some of that.
We are happy to accept speaking engagements for the coming months.
Some of my favorite topics to talk about include:
- How to share life with sisters and brothers across economic and racial divisions
- What you can do about global poverty from where you are today
- What North Americans have to learn from the global church
- How God entered into the “mud” of life, and why we must join him there
Some possible venues these could be tailored to fit include:
- small group discussions
- groups preparing for mission trips
- church sermons
- radio interviews
- school classrooms
Take a moment to think if you are part of a group that would benefit from having me come share perspective and stories from “the least of these” around the world.
Also consider recommending Into the Mud to book study groups or church mission teams. I can send signed copies of the book at group discounts, and I always enjoy hearing how the stories are spreading around the world.
Thanks for helping get the word out about these stories that have touched so many lives already!